There isn’t much that I love more than a good snack! I find that most protein bars that you buy in shops just don’t taste good and a lot of them upset my stomach with their ingredients (most protein bars have lots of fiber and various sugars). I can’t take full credit for this recipe, I used a mixture of loads of different recipes and ingredients that I have used previously. These are tasty and filling and a great addition to your lunch bag.
100g peanut butter
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Fem Fuelz)
1 tbsp chia seeds
20g desiccated coconut
40g chocolate & 1 tsp coconut oil (for the topping)
Sea salt to sprinkle on top
- Melt the peanut butter, coconut oil, honey and vanilla extract in a saucepan until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Stir in the protein powder until smooth (I find a fork is best for this). Then stir in the oats, chia seeds, desiccated coconut or some chopped nuts or dried fruit.
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper and transfer the mixture to this.
- Put it to one side while you melt the chocolate and coconut oil. I would recommend 70% dark chocolate but I was using up chocolate from Easter eggs so I have used milk chocolate in these photos.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate and coconut oil over the mixture and leave to set in the fridge for an hour. Cut into bars and store in the fridge in an airtight container.